The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you either in person, over the phone or by email for one of the following reasons:
- To contact you about your forthcoming appointment, inform you of repairs required on your vehicle or to remind you that your vehicle requires an MOT or annual service
- To keep records of MOTs and repairs on vehicles in order to advise you in the future and enable us to keep records for warranty
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you about your forthcoming appointment, inform you of repairs required on your vehicle or to remind you that your vehicle requires an MOT or annual service. We also use the information that you have given us if you contact us in the future about work done to your vehicle.
We may share this information with third parties if we require support with our computer systems.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us as above.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
We keep paper and electronic records for 19 years in order to comply with HMRC. Paper records are then securely shredded or wiped from our system in accordance with our third party software supplier.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us as above should you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the address above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. Their contact details are as follows...
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline 0303 123 1113